This is a question which will raise in minds of every CA Intermediate entrant. Let me state the pros & cons of both groups. Pros of both groups will become cons of single group & vice- versa
- It is easy to clear Group 2 as more practical subjects in Group-1 will help you fetch your aggregate of Group 2. As you want 350 for clearing both groups. Scoring 120 in Group 2 will be enough if you can score 230 in Group 1 which is easier to achieve than 150 in Group 2 as individual subject.
- Possibility of Rank, however, possibility to clear both groups at a single go is far more important-thanks to practical portions of Group 1.
- There are many students, who have cleared Group 1, started articleship, articleship over, eligible for Final BUT Group 2 is not yet cleared.
- Immense hardwork. Group 1 subjects are practical, hence, require a lot of practice. Group 2 will add to the hardwork you need to put-in. It will almost become 1.5times
- If you are unable to score 40 each atleast in all subjects of Group-2, then, you will face the position you must not want to. Group-1 cleared & achieving 150 marks in Group 2.
- If you are unable to achieve enough marks in Group 1 due to increase in syllabus, you may end up having nothing. Or approximately 40 in all 7 subjects will not be enough making you fail in both groups.
- Once attempted both groups & failed in both, it is really difficult to give single group as you will feel that syllabus is done & you can do this. Thus, most people eventually end up giving both groups again & again, however, so many attempts could be saved by giving single group. Further, it will not delay your final attempt in case you cleared single group & chose to start articleship.
Course of action-
- First. end up with Group 1 classes & simultaneous preparation. Afterwards, if you think you are well prepared with Group 1, go for Group 2. However, this decision needs to be made well within time.
- You may instead of 9months, appear for both groups after 15months with 100% preparation.
- Plan well to complete syllabus of Both groups at least 2months before exams so that enough revision can be done.
Points to remember-
- Group 1 is very important to clear as early as possible as it can make you move forward in the process of being a CA, as it makes you eligible for articleship.
- Group 2 is possible to clear given a little more hard work.
- Coaching institutions will mostly try that you appear for both groups so that you take the classes of both groups from same institute, as there is a possibility of loss of prospective customer in case they don;t like Group 1 classes. Not all, but many. BEWARE !!
- Proper planning & continuous study can make you achieve whatever course of action you choose.
- Instead of utilizing more time on single or both groups, at least focus well on Group 1 initially. Time lost is opportunity lost. You have enough time to decide on how many groups to pursue but don’t let this decision eat up you too many days.